How it is...
So, California has had beautiful weather since I have been here. No rain and not all that hot - but it is a little too bright for my tastes. Haven't found a place to compare to the upper Willamette valley yet. Rolling hills, green and wet; ok, so I am not too found of the webbing growing between my toes! Ha!
It is always nice to take a little trip now and then. If nothing else, it increases my appreciation for what I have at home. I miss my wife and kids. I can't allow myself to forget how important a kiss from my 2 year old is. I am reminded of the TRUE comfort that having my wife near is to me. It can be freeing not having the daily responsibilities their pulling at you; then when the sun is setting the aching emptiness of your hotel room gnaws away at you.
I look forward to my return home in a couple of days. God has provided once again; even when I haven't matched up to what I think I should have. We have a couch again - yes, it is a hand me down from friends. It is also a God send. My family has not major ailments, David's finger is healing well, Lara's chest pain is only an inflamation of the tissue. The bills are paid for and we have not gone hungry. I continue to work at the struggles at work and succeed - it is hard to not get overwhelmed with all the tasks set before me, even though I have the rest of the year to work on them.
I hope you see God working on your behalf as He is working for me. Be blessed - God is still around, seeking to be found.
It is always nice to take a little trip now and then. If nothing else, it increases my appreciation for what I have at home. I miss my wife and kids. I can't allow myself to forget how important a kiss from my 2 year old is. I am reminded of the TRUE comfort that having my wife near is to me. It can be freeing not having the daily responsibilities their pulling at you; then when the sun is setting the aching emptiness of your hotel room gnaws away at you.
I look forward to my return home in a couple of days. God has provided once again; even when I haven't matched up to what I think I should have. We have a couch again - yes, it is a hand me down from friends. It is also a God send. My family has not major ailments, David's finger is healing well, Lara's chest pain is only an inflamation of the tissue. The bills are paid for and we have not gone hungry. I continue to work at the struggles at work and succeed - it is hard to not get overwhelmed with all the tasks set before me, even though I have the rest of the year to work on them.
I hope you see God working on your behalf as He is working for me. Be blessed - God is still around, seeking to be found.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home